MoneyGram Plus frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about MoneyGram's PlusTM program in Canada. Please select from the topics below to learn more about our new convenience program.
MoneyGram Plus program basics
- What does MoneyGram Plus offer?
- Faster Transactions - Basic customer information is stored in the system, so you don't always need to resubmit it. It's ready for you the next time you want to send money.
- Notifications - You'll be notified via email when your transaction has been picked up by the receiver.
- Personalized Offers - if you have "opted in," you'll receive emails with personalized, exclusive offers.
- Will I still receive a notice when my money transfer has been picked up?
- Can I still set up an online profile?
- Can a friend or family member use my MoneyGram Plus number?
No. The name on the Money Transfer has to match the MoneyGram Plus name.
- Where do I get a MoneyGram Plus card?
You can either pick up a MoneyGram Plus information pamphlet (which includes a card) at your local MoneyGram location (where available) or you can enroll online at MoneyGram.ca. Once you enroll online, you will be able to print off a paper version of your card.
- If I enroll online, when do I get my MoneyGram Plus card?
When enrolling online, you can print off a paper version of your card.
- How can I find my MoneyGram Plus membership number?
You can sign into your MoneyGram.ca account to retrieve the number or call (800) 926-9400 for assistance.
- What if I have an address change?
If you change your address, contact details, or want to register for e-mails at a later date, simply go to www.MoneyGram.ca to easily edit your account. You can also update your marketing preferences to ensure you only receive the communications that are most relevant to you.
- What if I forget my MoneyGram Plus membership number?
You can call MoneyGram at (800) 926-9400 and a MoneyGram customer care representative will help you.
- What if I forget my password?
- What is Receive Notice?
If you sign up for Receive Notice, you will receive a notification by email when your transaction is picked up. Receive Notice is not available with home delivery or bank account deposit transfers.
- As a MoneyGram Plus member will I get a Receive Notice?
Yes, this is one of many benefits we offer to our loyal MoneyGram Plus customers.
- How do I register for Receive Notice?
The Receive Notice offers a way for members to be notified when their recipient has picked up the money they send. Click on the "My Profile" button at www.MoneyGram.ca and choose "YES" to Receive Notice. You will get an email from MoneyGram confirming your registration. For terms and conditions, go to www.MoneyGram.ca.
- When do I get a Receive Notice?
A notification can be sent at any time. 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Certain types of MoneyGram delivery or receive mechanisms will not be eligible for notification service (for example: home delivery and bank account deposits). The Receive Notice applies to eligible money transfers consisting of person-to-person money transfer services picked up at a MoneyGram agent location, but it does not apply to the MoneyGram ExpressPayment® service, utility bill payment, prepaid card transactions, purchase of money orders, or money transfers originating outside of the Canada. Please access our website to review the MoneyGram Plus Program Rules at www.MoneyGram.ca. Members are responsible for any telecommunication fees charged by their telephone or internet service provider.
- Can I use a different email address for Receive Notice than Moneygram.ca user ID?
Yes, you can. Even if you previously registered an email address in your profile when you established your www.MoneyGram.ca account, you may enter a different email address for the Receive Notice.
- I am registered for the Receive Notice service. What if I don't get a Receive Notice after sending a money transfer?
There are a few reasons you might not get your Receive Notice in your email:
- Your email address in your profile could be incorrect. Please make sure your profile reflects your correct email address at www.MoneyGram.ca or by calling 877-716-6940.
- A "spam filter" may be preventing you from receiving the emails.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may prevent you from receiving these emails.
- How would I stop Receive Notices if I wanted to?
To stop receiving further notifications via e-mail - sign into your MoneyGram Plus account at MoneyGram.ca; then, under your profile, choose "NO" on Receive Notice.
- Do I still need to fill out forms with my information when I am sending money?
We realize your time is important! By providing your MoneyGram Plus membership number, you can enjoy faster transactions because your previous MoneyGram money transfer information is already available in our point-of-sale system. You may, however, need to provide additional information based on country requirements.
- How can I see my MoneyGram Plus transaction history?
You can track your transaction history through your MoneyGram Plus online account at MoneyGram.ca.
- How does my MoneyGram Plus card make transactions faster?
Using your MoneyGram Plus card number speeds up transactions because all your information is stored in our computer system. Simply give the store personnel your card, or provide them with your card number, and he or she will be able to look up your information quickly. This can reduce the time to process your transaction.
- How can I find more information about my account?
Log on to www.MoneyGram.ca to view your contact information, marketing communication preferences, or your money transfer history. Your money transfer history is limited to the last 12 months. You can access your information at any time, day or night, subject to system availability.
- Where do I go if I have more questions?
Please click here to contact us.